Monday, May 31, 2010

An Introduction

214 days until the wedding...

As you may have gathered - this is a wedding planning blog. Like many wedding planning blogs like it before and many that will follow - it's main purpose is to provide me with an outlet to purge my "wedding head" so that I don't annoy my fiance to the point of "wedding canceled."

Some details:
  • My fiance BG and I have been engaged for a little over a year (it'll be two by the wedding date)
  • We met while studying Philosophy, Logic & Ethics at university.
  • We traveled to Athens in 2008 to celebrate our degrees and fell in love with the city.
  • The wedding ceremony will take place in the city of Athens (which is what this blog is all about)
  • The reception will be a few months later in California (we'll be combining it with a graduation party for BG's Juris Doctorate)
  • We live in the pacific northwest
I plan on writing about what it's like to plan a wedding from about 7,000 miles away, booking vendors via email I'll never meet with until the wedding, and trying to stay within a fairly tight budget (especially considering it must cover six plane tickets).

-Etta

No comments:

Post a Comment